Move through mindful breathwork and yogic techniques to cultivate strength and harmony in your body, mind, and spirit.
You already have the power to illuminate your spiritual path in a beautifully harmonizing way — and it all begins with conscious breathing (pranayama).
Pranayama yoga (prana means “life force” and yama refers to “control”) was the first practice to stress that respiratory control and modulated breathing are essential to the health of the mind and body. The volume and quality of prana that circulates within your body determines the level of your vitality.
Not taking in air and expelling it the right way may be why you’re sleeping poorly, feeling anxious, experiencing digestion issues, or finding yourself in increasingly irritable moods.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, pranayama is a powerful tool to help you relax. When you’re feeling worn out, it’s energizing. Breathwork grounds you, helping you become more stable so you can face any life challenge with grace.
In a new 5-part course with Nubia Teixeira, yogini, classical Indian Odissi dancer, and author, you’ll explore the purifying, healing, and balancing therapies of the ancient practice of pranayama.
You’ll welcome in your soul’s spring, as you take this wisdom into your daily life and spiritual sadhana (practice).
Drawing on her vast experience with the yogic well of Prana Vidya (“correct knowledge” of prana), Nubia will share breathwork techniques to support you — as you activate your vitality, rebalance the flow of energy in your inner systems, restore your sense of connection with the five layers of your being, and create a link between the seen and the sacred.
Nubia has been teaching her mastery of yoga, pranayama, and mudras (hand gestures) for nearly 30 years. She is the perfect teacher to help you optimize your health, galvanizing you to focus, heal, and energize your life.
During each session, she’ll also share mudras (hand gestures), mantras (sacred vocalizations), bandhas (energy activators), and more — as she guides you through empowering inner yogic techniques to bridge the five layers of your being.
You’ll discover empowering inner yogic techniques to honor each of the elements — starting with the physical body (earth), then moving into the body of energy (water). Next you’ll focus on the body of mind (fire) where purification will take place…
You’ll continue your exploration with the body of wisdom and memory (air) and journey into your devotional heart — and then you’ll arrive in the body of bliss (ether) with invocation and remembrance.
Along the way, you’ll learn that despite life’s challenges, you can live with grace and confidence — grounded and stable, with no fear of scarcity, as you embrace calmness and stillness.
In this illuminating 5-part course, you’ll discover:
- Pranayama practices to use in your daily life, according to your daily needs
- Purification practices to open each session
- Rituals to present an offering to one of the 5 elements (earth, water, fire, air, and ether) and invoke its special power
- How your breath can be your prayer
- How to let your emotions, feelings, and memories rise to the surface — and how to offer them into the stream of the oceanic universal consciousness
- Practical ways to prioritize your spiritual mission in this lifetime
- How to follow the light of your North Star to remember your inherent inner wisdom and most significant memories
- How you can turn your gaze upward and inward and begin to co-create your reality
What You’ll Discover in These 5 Modules
In this 5-step transformational intensive, Nubia will guide you through the fundamental breathwork, mudra, and mantra skills you’ll need to create harmony in your body, mind, and spirit — as you connect with the five elements of the universe.
This course will feature teachings, training sessions, Q&A, and experiential practices with Nubia. Each session will build harmoniously upon the previous ones, so you’ll develop a complete holistic understanding of pranayama, mudra, and mantra practices to cultivate strength and create harmony in your body, mind, and spirit.
Module 1: Earth — Honoring Your Physical Body & Establishing a Firm Ground for Your Practice
In this opening session, Nubia will guide you to enter the mandala of your incarnation by honoring your physical body as your lifetime companion. You’ll spend a moment conversing with your body and blessing it with your loving awareness.
You’ll identify the places in your body where you don’t feel the presence of prana, or vital energy, as you learn to simply observe the natural flow of your breath.
Without trying to change anything, just by witnessing what is, you’ll then adventure into some of the most simple and effective breathing techniques — to establish a firm and fertile foundation upon which to build your pranayama practice.
With the physical body as the bindu (focal point), you’ll discover:
- Body scanning and prana channeling
- Sahaja (spontaneous breath) and Prana Kriya (yogic breath)
- Mula Bandha, the root activator/lock
- Full-Cycle Pranayama, the 4 phases of the breath
- Abhaya Mudra, or fear-not gesture
- Chatura Mudra, with a meditation on firmness
- The earth element and Muladhara chakra awareness
Module 2: Water — Honoring Your Energetic Body & Clearing Your Emotional Inner Rivers
Traveling through the inner rivers of your landscape, you’ll invite the healing waters to flow more freely — and conduct pranic liquid light toward the great ocean of your heart.
Modern scientists view prana as a type of energy that moves like water. The ancient rishis, or seers of India, taught that our prana moves with the command of our minds — and can flow through the nadis, or inner rivers, of our bodies to awaken our latent powers.
In this module, Nubia will invite you to let your emotions, feelings, and memories rise to the surface — and offer them into the stream of the oceanic universal consciousness as an act of surrender and devotion.
With this invitation to let the waters flow, you’ll explore:
- Prachala, the churning of torso
- Varuni, breath and movement ritual
- Simhasana, or lion’s breath
- Sitali and Sitkari, cooling pranayamas
- Jihva Bandha, or tongue activator
- The Pendulum cleansing gesture and the Pushaputa offering gesture
- The Annapurna gesture, with a meditation on nourishment
- The water element and Swadhisthana chakra awareness
Module 3: Fire — Honoring Your Mental Body, Purifying Your Thoughts & Sharpening Your Vision
In this session you’ll rekindle, refocus, and prioritize your spiritual mission in this lifetime.
With an unyielding ground and fresh energy, you’ll arrive at the midpoint of your journey to stoke the inner fire of inspiration — and open your inner sight to revelation and spiritual orientation.
Nubia will share the pranayama techniques you’ll need to awaken the fire of transformation in your navel area.
As the fire moves up to the heart and eyes like light, it burns impurities that might be blocking you from seeing your true nature — and from seeing the steps you need to take to fulfill your life’s dharma.
As you’ll discover, now is the time to focus on how you can move towards your soul’s path.
With the awakening of the inner fire, you’ll explore:
- Trataka, purification of the eyes
- Drishtis, focal points to activate Shakti energy
- Bhastrika (bellows breath) and Kapalabhati (skull-shining breath)
- Agnisara Dhauti, abdominal fire activation
- Trikona, fire-awakening gesture
- Varada gesture with a meditation on generosity
- The fire element and Manipura chakra awareness
Module 4: Air — Honoring Your Wisdom Body, Expanding Your Breath & Attuning to Your Spiritual Heart
During this class, as you explore the element of air (heart chakra awareness), the journey back home begins.
The North Star of your spiritual heart is shining brighter now. At this point in your journey, you’ll have done deep inner work to arrive here at the place of all beginnings (and endings) in the center of your chest.
By following the light of your North Star, you’ll remember your inherent inner wisdom and the greatest memories of your soul-being — the one that brought you here, to incarnate, live, and share your truth.
When working with the heart center, you’re working with the air element — and with the invisible, the sense of touch, and the opening to divine grace.
The place is here, the moment is now, the destination is eternity, and the reality is love.
With the gift of homecoming so you can open your heart, you’ll learn:
- How to tap the power of your thymus
- A heart-opening pranayama
- Jalandhara Bandha (chin lock) with Uddiyana Bandha (abdominal lock) and Mula Bandha (root lock)
- Buddha Maitreya Mantra
- Hridaya Mudra (heart gesture) with a meditation on love
Module 5: Ether — Honoring Your Divine Body, Communing With Light & Vibrating With Your Soul
The yantra, or sacred symbol, for the element of ether is a circle, black like the night sky.
In this final module, you’ll discover how the element of ether (Vishuddhi chakra awareness) provides space for all the other elements to manifest…
After this cycle of manifestation is complete, the four elements return back to the original ethereal Source.
This process reflects your trajectory as a soul — as a spiritual being in your physical body. It demonstrates the journey of separating from the Universal Soul, the longing to reunite, and the deep understanding that there’s more to our lives that we can see or comprehend.
Nubia will walk you through the mirror of the sky, explaining how you can turn your gaze upward and inward and begin to co-create your reality.
In this module, you’ll learn:
- Bhramari Pranayama (bee breath) and Ujjayi Pranayama (victorious breath)
- Karana Mudra, or evil-dispelling gesture with Heart Sutra Prayer
- Dhyana Mudra, the meditation gesture with Soham Breath
- Padma Mudra, a lotus gesture, with Meditation of the Great Accomplishment
- A chakra purification practice
There are no reviews yet.